Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 23: Last Day at Hotel Con Corazon!

Maritza: A.M. Recepcionista Superb

Today is my last day here at Hotel Con Corazon! I will be moving to Casa San Francisco tomorrow morning for the last few days in Granada. :(  The hotel will close for several days of maintenance, so since I'm the only guest for some of those days, I have to move to another hotel. I took photos of all of the staff, and will be posting them over the next couple of days.
Nohemy: P.M. Recepcionista Superb!

I met with Paloma this morning and we discussed the accomplishments Christine, Lily and I were able to achieve during our time here. She was quite pleased with what we've done! I shared the proposal I drafted for a nurse to operate the clinic 3 days a week to make it sustainable. She thought it was well written and we talked about how we might present it to a number of people and groups to see if we can get the nurse funded. This is so needed here!

Food in the Market
Colorful Market Items
In the afternoon, Lily, John and I decided to go on a tour to the bat caves at Masaya. We stopped at two markets: one is for locals and is less expensive and the other is for tourists. We were able to pick up some souvenirs for friends and family, and took some great pictures!
In the Market: Man Carries his Wares
Sweat Shop?

The bat caves were a real hit! There was a pretty hairy climb down into the caves, and we wore hard hats to protect our heads. We had flashlights to light the way and the guide and driver were really helpful when the going was tough. There were hundreds of bats!

Volcanoes
It was pouring rain by the time we got to the volcanoes and the caves, so we were soaked!

I have many more great photos and lots more to say, but I'm being eaten alive by mosquitoes, so I'm going to call it quits for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment