Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 24: Market Day!

My New Room
This morning, Jeffrey helped me move to Hotel Casa San Francisco. I was terribly sad to leave Hotel Con Corazon, especially because the staff has been so very helpful from day one until right now! As it turns out, the room is really quite nice - in many ways, nicer than Hotel Con Corazon.
Jeffrey


We've been thinking about how we can make the clinic more child friendly. One of the ideas we had is having them do hand prints on the walls. Paloma suggested stencils that the children can spray paint. Christine went to Los Pipitos to discuss this with Rodolfo to see if he can organize that with the children today and then we can have them actually do it tomorrow. Lily and I went to the frame store to find out what happened to the 2 frames we ordered (and paid for!) that should have been delivered last Friday to Los Pipitos. It turned out that the frames were on the way to Los Pipitos when we arrived at the store! 
Clothes in the Market

In the Market
We met up at Gonper's (the stationery store) and decided to go to the market. We want to buy these really cool aprons as gifts, and that's the only place with them. AND, we found bras for $1.50 each!

Shoes in the Market
I waited all day for my husband to arrive tonight! Christine, Lily and I spent the last hour watching You Tube videos and laughing to make the time go faster.

His flight was delayed because of Tropical Storm Hermine. He was stuck in Houston and ended up an hour and 18 minutes late. I had Bill's driver, Gustavo, take me to Managua to pick him up and take us back to Granada. We didn't get back until about 10:30 p.m. Tomorrow is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment